Web Developer Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers
Information Technology is one of the most improved industries in the last few decades. Web Development is leading the way as the one platform that has made this possible of making the Internet one of the dominating innovations of human history.
Who is a Web Developer?
What are his roles and responsibilities? What Should be studied for it?
Roles and Responsibilities: A Web Developer may vary from organization to organization depending on the structure, work requirements, and required performance for that project.
In this post, we will mainly focus on Web Development Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers. Few Common Question that often Comes to our mind when going for Web Development Interviews are:
If you are looking to begin your life in Web Development and the below questions will give you essential Web Developer Questions and Answers for Freshers for acquiring better opportunities in their life considerably.
Q. How would you define Web Development?
A. In simple terms, Web Development may be defined as all the work involved that makes websites work. It may be static sites with 5 pages or dynamic sites with thousands of pages. Web Design and programming form the core elements around which it is built.
Q. Define the term Web Developer!
A. Professional handling the web development is given the designation as ‘Web Developer‘. He or She has the responsibility to handle the web development stage of the sites running successfully over the internet.
Q. What are static and dynamic websites?
A. Static Websites are made of a simple layout, and content and then shown to users with limited functionality.
Dynamic Websites are built on the back of programming languages like PHP, ASP, and JSP that can have rich functionality as required on the platform.
Q. Explain Front-End Development and Backend Development in brief!
A. All websites consist of two main components i.e.
Front End everything you see on the first impression with website layout, navigation, footer, slider, sidebar, etc
Backend Development is the main coding area with the use of programming language and database.
Q. What is HTTP?
A. HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) is the set of instructions that are applied over running and accessing websites. Once the user opens a web browser and visits a website, then indirectly he is using HTTP protocols only to visit the site respectively.
Q. List out the core technologies around which the web development takes place!
Q. What is software?
A. Software is a complete set of instruction that is applied to a program which can then be used with computers to get specific work done for example Invoice software, enrollment software, etc. In today’s world, most of the companies have their software that works on their working mechanism for facilitating automation.
- Q. What are frameworks in Web Development?
- A. Framework or Web Application Framework is a complete set of software that is specifically built to carry out a given set of instructions based on API’s, Web Service, Multiple platform layout over the use of web resources(Domain, Hosting, Servers, Clouds, etc).
- Q. What are various tools used in web development?
- A. To access the web server, web hosting, and Files, and then make changes many tools are used for the purpose of web development.
- Server: Cpanel, WHM, Command Mode
- File Editor: Notepad++, Adobe Dreamweaver, Sublime Text, NetBeans (JAVA)
- Files: FTP, WinSCP
Q. What are libraries in a programming language?
A. Libraries are prerequisite collections of instructions that web developers use directly in their programming. Like JS library
Q. Name some of the best programming languages for web development!
Q. What are APIs?
A. APIs(Application Programming Interface) are preset functions and instructions that allow special features to be accessible over the internet. For e.g. Google Map API etc
Q. What should a Junior web developer know?
Q. What are web browsers?
A. A web browser is a front that acts as a communicator between users and websites for experiencing the internet. It is a type of software application only that allows a customized form of data and communication from one end to another.
- Q. What is a web server?
- A. Web Servers are the backend continuous running programs that allows requests to be processed via HTTP protocols
- Q. What is Web Hosting?
- A. To make your web site running 24×7 hours there are special internet services that allow these services known as Web Hosting. Linux Web Hosting, Windows Web Hosting, Dedicated Server, private server are major types of web hosting.
- Q. What are databases?
- A. Databases are main collection of data in multiple tables form, views, reports, schemes and queries. SQL (Structured Query language) is the most used databases all over the world.
- Q. What are web services?
- A. Web Services are the services offered which felicitate communication in multiple forms within devices via the internet or World Wide Web. SOAP and REST are two major forms of web services that are used for communication for web development.
- Q. What is the cloud?
- A. Cloud is the latest technology on which several configurations can be shared from multiple resources over the internet.
- Q. What are W3C standards?
- A. W3c i.e World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is the main international standard organization that works together for developing standards for the Web Development. Founded and led by Tim Berners-Lee who is also known as the inventor of the Web.
- Q. How web development works for businesses?
- A. With the internet bubble in the early 2000 and now millions of users online, Websites are now replacing every brick and mortar store to bring their online version paving the path to get
Q. What are the common error codes in website Development?
- A. List of Common HTTP Status Codes
- HTTP/1.1 200 OK
- HTTP 300 Multiple Choices
- HTTP 301 Moved Permanently
- HTTP 302 Found
- HTTP 304 Not Modified
- HTTP 307 Temporary Redirect
- HTTP 400 Bad Request
- HTTP 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP 403 Forbidden
- HTTP 404 Not Found
- HTTP 410 Gone
- HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
- HTTP 501 Not Implemented
- HTTP 503 Service Unavailable
- HTTP 550 Permission denied
Also, Read Everything You need to Know about HTTP Codes List
- Q. What are the different check, test, and analyses a website goes through?
- A. There are many types and form of errors that can coexist within website. There information is given below.
- HTML Errors – W3C Markup validation, Google Webmaster, GTMetrix
- CSS Errors – GTMetrix
- Web Site Speed Checks – GTMetrix, Google Speed Test
- Responsive Web Design Testing/ Mobile readiness – Google Mobile Test
- Usability Test
- User Experience Test and Analysis – Google Analysis
- Q. What are Software bugs or Bugs in Web Application?
- A. These are the errors, loopholes, failures, in the whole flow of the architecture of the system. This can result in the loss of data, information, or important files. Every web application or web software goes through rigorous testing for finding bugs and simultaneously clearing them from the system.
- Q. What are the common checklists for Web Software?
- A. These are the common testing procedures performed on every software by professional tester regularly. Functionality Testing, Usability testing, Interface testing, Compatibility testing, Performance testing and Security testing for a comprehensive check.
- Q. What are the APIs provided in HTML5 standard?
- A. These are the new API being available with HTML5 in Media API, Text Track API, Application Cache API, Data transfer API, User Interaction, Command API, Constraint Validation API and History API.
- Q. What are some new markup elements introduced with HTML5?
- A. Here are many tags which have been provided in HTML5 to aid the functioning of the website effectively. New tags are following with <article>, <aside>, <bdi>, <command>, <details>, <figure>, <figcaption>, <summary>, <header>, <footer>, <hgroup>, <mark>, <meter>, <nav>, <progress>, <ruby>, <rt>, <section> and <time> that can be used for various purposes in building html blocks of the website.
- Q. What are the different ways to add CSS to website?
- A. There are three ways to add CSS to particular HTML with Inline CSS, Internal CSS and External CSS.
- Q. How Would you differentiate between Inline and block elements?
- A. Block elements are the HTML tags which takes the whole line space when introduced within web pages like P tag, H1 tag, Div tag while Inline elements are the one that takes their own space only and can be placed alongside other inline elements while block elements will form stack over each other.
- Q. Differentiate between HTTP 1.1 and HTTP2.0?
- A. HTTP 2.0 offers better support for Sever push control, header compression, queries multiplexing, priority, and higher packet streaming management this results in higher latency and accelerates ease of content download on modern website pages.
Also, find out more Interviews and Questions for getting regular information now!
- HTML5 Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers
- CSS3 interview questions and answers for Freshers
- Bootstrap 3 Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers
- PHP interview questions and answers for freshers
- Responsive Web Design Interview Questions And Answers for Freshers
- WordPress Interview questions and answers for freshers
- MySQL Interview Question and Answers
- Web Designer Interview Question & Answers
- SEO Interview Questions and Answers