HTML5 is the latest standard set for web development.
Lets start it with some history!
What is HTML?
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- In the core markup language lies HTML tags
- Each HTML tag will have different content & properties as per use
- These HTML tags will add up to make a HTML file
A simple HTML file is shown below with latest markup:
My First Heading
My first paragraph.
Syntax for tags is tag name with angle brackets surrounding it!
- They can be in full name like <header> tag or in short form like <p> for paragraph tag.
- Every HTML tags starts and ends like <a> is start and </a> is end.
- There will be some tags like <br/> and <img/> which enclose in themselves.
HTML Web & Internet
Factors that results into a complete HTML formation
I. Web Browsers
All HTML files will run in Web Browsers. Web Browsers helps in interpreting information from HTML file to viewer.
Browsers only display the content inside the HTML tags.
<Doctype> declaration is given in the beginning even before any tag starts.
It is not case sensitive. It gives indication to browsers that we are going to display HTML.
Correct type & version of declaration is necessary for browser to display.
Each version of HTML had its own declaration.
III.HTML Page Structure
These elements form the basic page structure in every Web Browser.
These are to used semantically.
HTML is the basic of all web technologies being used today.