How to create the XML sitemap in Magento?
Website XML Sitemap plays an important role in SEO for fetching the correct information by Web Crawlers. Hence they must be configured precisely for better SEO practices. Today we are going to study how to Set up Google Sitemap in Magento.
There are two standard versions of a site map used for multiple purpose.
1. HTML Format
2. XML Format
Follow the Steps for generating Sitemap from Magento admin
- Step 1 :- First of all login to Magento Admin dashboard then from top navigation Catalog > Google Sitemap
- Step 2 :- As the new screen will appear for Google Sitemap configurations. On the right hand side of the screen click on Add Sitemap button
- Step 3 :- On Next screen you you have to fill the correct information for Filename and Path respectively.
- Step 5 :- Now you have successfully generated sitemap. Check by using by running it live on http://www.example.com/sitemap.xml .
Magento Google Sitemap Generation Settings
- There are also specific configuration that one can use for frequency and priority settings as per products, categories, blogs, CMS pages etc. These settings are available at Catalog Tab then Google Sitemap configurations respectively.
Make sure you check the sitemap again and submit the site to Google Search Console for better performance, updating it regularly