Bootstrap 3 Tutorials (Updated for latest Bootstrap 4)
It has almost complete web structure i.e. with its built-in structure one can develop almost all the layouts with some custom modifications.
We are starting here step by step bootstrap 3 framework tutorials which are best for beginners to start. We have references, examples, syntax and fixes to get you past this amazing responsive CSS framework i.e. Bootstrap
Main Features of Bootstrap Framework
- Fully responsive web design framework with mobile-first based web layouts.
- Easy Grid Layout, Fixed layout and support for Flat design too
- Easy to make designing components direct code only i.e. Forms, List, Glyphicons,
- All major modern browsers support the Bootstrap 3 i.e. Firefox, Chrome, IE (Internet Explorer), Safari, and Opera.
- Almost all new age modern gadgets PC(Desktop), Laptop, Smartphone, iPhone, etc have compatible with Bootstrap layouts.
Bootstrap Basic Examples
<!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en"> <head> <title>Bootstrap First Example</title> <meta charset="utf-8"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1"> <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/css/bootstrap.min.css"> <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.1.1/jquery.min.js"></script> <script src="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script> </head> <body> <div class="jumbotron text-center"> <h1>BootStrap First Example</h1> <p>Once you start to resize the window you will see the responsive nature of the page more effectively</p> </div> <div class="container"> <div class="row"> <div class="col-sm-2"> <h3>Web Design</h3> <p>Web Desing makes thing user to see the front end portion of the website</p> <p>HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language</p> </div> <div class="col-sm-5"> <h3>Web Development</h3> <p>Most of the work is done of the backend portion of the website.</p> <p>New programming language are making sure we are moving in the right step ahead in future</p> </div> <div class="col-sm-5"> <h3>SEO</h3> <p>Promotion of your website with organic Google search is termes SEO</p> <p>Google regularly makes changes to its Algorithm to make sure there are no shortcuts for it</p> </div> </div> </div> </body> </html>
This is just the beginning steps in our next posts we will set up the environment for Bootstrap, to begin with.
Originally named as Twitter Blueprint and later was also known as Twitter Bootstrap Framework. Its first version was released in August 2011. Soon it gained a lot of popularity with responsive web designing(RWD) in its version 2 which was released on January 31, 2012.
Bootstrap 3 started in August 2013 with Mobile-First Design and Flat Design. Although Bootstrap 4 has begun but in the alpha version as of August 2015. This alpha version uses SASS instead of LESS.
Migrating to Bootstrap 4 Framework
Now with Bootstrap 4, you can be more certain with the latest changes in this comprehensive framework. Here are some of the more notable changes in the latest addition.
- Bootstrap is now moved from LESS to SASS
- In Bootstrap 4 now have embraced the flexbox giving more control over height and width
- Major Typographical Changes :
- Default font size changed from 14px to 16px now
- Complete REM Sizing with support for px, pt and em too
- Bootstrap Spacing utility to enhance custom spacing within elements
- Dropped the use of Glyphicons icon and recommend Font Awesome, Octicons or upstream version of Glyphicon
- IE8 support was removed, Page header dropped too
- Bootstrap Images classes changed name from .img-responsive to .img-fluid, .img-rounded to .rounded and .img-circle to .rounded-circle
- New Grid Breakpoint introduced
$grid-breakpoints: ( xs: 0px, sm: 576px, md: 768px, lg: 992px, xl: 1200px )
- Introduction of Bootstrap 4 Cards replacing the use of Bootstrap Well and Bootstrap Panels
- Bootstrap 4 now works with auto-layout mode with automatic spacing within a row as per the contents
- Grunt support also dropped with more SASS control
Step by Step Bootstrap 3 tutorial
We are going to study the Bootstrap 3 tutorials in two parts
I. Bootstrap 3 tutorials for Beginners :
In this section, all basics are covered in which mostly are based on CSS
- Bootstrap 3 Environment Setup
- Bootstrap 3 Grid System
- Bootstrap 3 Typography
- Bootstrap 3 Tables
- Bootstrap 3 Forms
- Bootstrap 3 Buttons
- Bootstrap 3 Images
- Bootstrap 3 Lists [Updated to latest version]
- Bootstrap 3 Icons
- Bootstrap 3 Nav
- Bootstrap 3 Navbar
- Bootstrap 3 Nav Pills
- Bootstrap 3 Breadcrumbs
- Bootstrap 3 Pagination [Updated to latest version]
- Bootstrap 3 Labels
- Bootstrap 3 Jumbotron
- Bootstrap 3 Badges
- Bootstrap 3 Wells
- Bootstrap 3 Progress Bars [Updated to latest Bootstrap 4 Progress Bars<]
- Bootstrap 3 Accordion
- Bootstrap Page Header
II. Bootstrap 3 Tutorials for experienced
In this portion, mosts of sections are based on CSS and JS both
- Bootstrap 3 Modal [Updated to latest Bootstrap 4 modal]
- Bootstrap 3 Dropdown [Updated to latest Bootstrap 4 dropdown]
- Bootstrap 3 Scrollspy
- Bootstrap 3 Tabs
- Bootstrap 3 Tooltip
- Bootstrap 3 Popovers
- Bootstrap 3 Alerts [Updated to latest Bootstrap 4 Alerts]
- Bootstrap 3 Collapse [Updated to latest version]
- Bootstrap 3 Carousel
- Bootstrap 3 Affix
Bootstrap 4 New features
- Bootstrap 4 Cards: These new cards built to replace the Bootstrap 3 Version with panels, Bootstrap Well, and thumbnails all functionality combined into one.
- Bootstrap 4 Spacing Utility Classes
Also, read our Twitter Bootstrap Interview Questions and Answers for the right guidance with expert analysis.